P3Dv3 - all 2D instrument panel views gone

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Adam_NZ

P3Dv3 - all 2D instrument panel views gone

Post by Adam_NZ »

I appear to have lost all 2D pop-up instrument pop-up panel functionality.

I get a momentary black screen, then nothing.

It's possible that one of my add-on aircraft that maybe wasn't fully v3 compatible has screwed things up. Is there any way I can restore 2D functionality without a complete reinstall?

Any clues as to what to look for to see if I can find the offending add-on?

Adam.
Saul

Re: P3Dv3 - all 2D instrument panel views gone

Post by Saul »

Hi Adam,

Its is possible a 3rd party aircraft has done something, But the danger is that is has overwritten a gauge file. I'm unsure what has happened and that makes fixing problematic.

I know its a real pain to install every addon and check things after each install but in case like this its really the only way to find out what exactly is going on. There is also the danger that you'll install the addon that caused this in the first place again.. OH NO .. but its a consequence of trying older addons. Everyone tries the older addons they have, so we all understand the frustration.

Good luck and let us know how you've gone on.
Adam_NZ

Re: P3Dv3 - all 2D instrument panel views gone

Post by Adam_NZ »

Saul - you won't believe just how stupid I feel!!!

I'd had a mad session of fiddling with every slider imaginable (trying unsuccessfully to bring P3Dv3 to its knees) ... and guess what? ... I'd turned the Panel Transparency slider fully right (0%). Arrrrgh - what a dummy!!!

No re-install required (phew!!!) and I can get back to enjoying this great update!

Adam.