[RESOLVED] P3D 4.4 Time Preview no longer shows up

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ProfessorMadman

[RESOLVED] P3D 4.4 Time Preview no longer shows up

Post by ProfessorMadman »

I did a fresh OS install and installed P3D v4.4 from the full installation media.

Initially all was fine but now I'm finding that my "Time Preview" window no longer shows up when selecting it. I have deleted my shaders and tried renaming my prepar3d.cfg file so that it creates a fresh one with no joy.

Does anybody else have this problem?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1809 and nVidia driver 417.22.

Regards,
Daniel
Poppet

Re: P3D 4.4 Time Preview no longer shows up

Post by Poppet »

Hello Daniel

What 3rd party Add Ons do you have currently Installed ?

---

Please try this step, this will not effect your Add Ons...

Locate and Delete these 3 blue generated files below, Then launch Prepar3D and test

-----
Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D Prepar3D_Default.fxml \ Prepar3D_Default.wx

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D UISettings.xml
-----

A quick way of locating these is to Copy the Text below and Paste them into your windows search bar, One by One and click on the result, this will bring you directly to the correct locations

Delete these 2 files. Prepar3D_Default.fxml \ Prepar3D_Default.wx

Code: Select all

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Delete the UISettings.xml file

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Try that and let us know how you get on
ProfessorMadman

Re: P3D 4.4 Time Preview no longer shows up

Post by ProfessorMadman »

Hi Elaine,

I've only installed P3D v4 compatible add-ons - the list is great but I'm glad to report that the deletion of those 3 files has resulted in the window showing up again :)

Many thanks!