Flight Planner and Navigation Log

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
nathantw

Flight Planner and Navigation Log

Post by nathantw »

I'm assuming you know this already but if you create a flight plan and the program asks if you want to "move your aircraft to the departure airport listed on the flight plan" that if you answer "yes" you'll be brought back to the main menu. Your airplane on the Location window will show you still in Texas. It doesn't show your plane at your new destination. However, if you press OK to start the scenario your plane will be put in the correct location.

Another thing is if you go to your Navigation Log it won't show you the VOR list as it used to. It'll be blank. In fact, each tab in the navigation log is blank.
MTN1794

Re: Flight Planner and Navigation Log

Post by MTN1794 »

I find the exact same thing.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

nathantw wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:35 pm I'm assuming you know this already but if you create a flight plan and the program asks if you want to "move your aircraft to the departure airport listed on the flight plan" that if you answer "yes" you'll be brought back to the main menu. Your airplane on the Location window will show you still in Texas. It doesn't show your plane at your new destination. However, if you press OK to start the scenario your plane will be put in the correct location.

Another thing is if you go to your Navigation Log it won't show you the VOR list as it used to. It'll be blank. In fact, each tab in the navigation log is blank.
Try this, just an example:
Change airport
KDTW

Location / active runway
Gate A1 small

OK

flight planner

departure
KDTW

Destination
KGRR

IFR
Direct

save it

Do you want to move
Yes

ok

Lastly:
The Nav Log problem is a known problem
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
dafyddp3d

Post by dafyddp3d »

Martyson wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:20 am The Nav Log problem is a known problem
See here
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=137628
Dave Nash

P3D v5.1.8.26742 on Win 10 64 bit (21H1.19043.985)
3 x 4k Monitors driven by 3xGTX1080Ti
Mobo MSI X99A SLI Plus, with Core i7-5930K @ 4.2GHz, 32GB Mem (3000MHz), Corsair M500 SSDs
FSUIPC, PMDG 747, 777
nathantw

Post by nathantw »

Martyson wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:20 am
nathantw wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:35 pm I'm assuming you know this already but if you create a flight plan and the program asks if you want to "move your aircraft to the departure airport listed on the flight plan" that if you answer "yes" you'll be brought back to the main menu. Your airplane on the Location window will show you still in Texas. It doesn't show your plane at your new destination. However, if you press OK to start the scenario your plane will be put in the correct location.

Change airport
KDTW

Location / active runway
Gate A1 small

OK

flight planner

departure
KDTW

Destination
KGRR

IFR
Direct

save it

Do you want to move
Yes

ok

Lastly:
Yes. Still sitting in Texas on the main Location screen.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

nathantw wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:35 pm
Martyson wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:20 am

Change airport
KDTW

Location / active runway
Gate A1 small

OK

flight planner

departure
KDTW

Destination
KGRR

IFR
Direct

save it

Do you want to move
Yes

ok

Lastly:
Yes. Still sitting in Texas on the main Location screen.
I was at KDTW at the gate A1 small.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)