Virtual Reality

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Allan4WD

Virtual Reality

Post by Allan4WD »

I have just installed an HP Reverb G2.
I load the plane and am sitting in the pilot seat.
When I enable VR utilising SteamVR, it seems I am sitting above the cockpit, outside the plane and I cannot "ChangeView" to a different view - the "changed" view is largely the same as described above.
I have ChasePlane installed but I have also tried this with ChasePlane not loaded. I have tried a variety of aircraft with the same result.
VR has no issue with other software I have tried.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Allan
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: Virtual Reality

Post by Beau Hollis »

In the VR menu, click recalibrate origin. Since many cockpit are pretty small in real life, you'll need to have your seated origin calibrated based on where you usually sit, SteamVR can sometimes reset the origin if it loses tracking for an extended period so this is something you may need to do more than once. If you go into controls setting and search for HMD, you can find some VR settings mapping which includes a button/key binding for the origin reset. There is also a way to reset the seated origin via steam settings which might help you out with other applications if they don't have this option in their settings.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Allan4WD

Re: Virtual Reality

Post by Allan4WD »

Beau

Thank you - VR is fantastic! I now have some reading to do to understand all the features you offer.

Allan