Prepar3d v4.5 crashes when on final approach

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Silverarrow

Prepar3d v4.5 crashes when on final approach

Post by Silverarrow »

Hello,

I have massively frustrating issues with P3D v4.5 as it crashes 95% of the time when I am on short final to any given airport after an IFR flight. This includes both add-on scenery and default scenery. This includes both add-on aircraft and default aircraft.
I have no clue what it could be. I have a pretty beefy system, but I have turned down the settings, this didn't help at all.

I have tried various things.
It only crashes when any given aircraft has been flown what appears to be above FL100. It crashes in any weather, any airport and siutation. It always happens within 5-10nm of any given airport.
It often happens when I pause the simulator on final via the button "P" on the keyboard.

For the life of me I cannot figure out what is wrong. It would be highly appreciated if someone - preferrably the developer, could shed any light on what the issue might be.
JorgenSA

Re: Prepar3d v4.5 crashes when on final approach

Post by JorgenSA »

Have you tried this on a virgin P3D v. 4.5 HF3 installation, with a default aircraft? By "virgin" I mean no add-ons whatsoever installed.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Re: Prepar3d v4.5 crashes when on final approach

Post by Martyson »

Silverarrow wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:49 pm Hello,

I have massively frustrating issues with P3D v4.5 as it crashes 95% of the time when I am on short final to any given airport after an IFR flight. This includes both add-on scenery and default scenery. This includes both add-on aircraft and default aircraft.
I have no clue what it could be. I have a pretty beefy system, but I have turned down the settings, this didn't help at all.

I have tried various things.
It only crashes when any given aircraft has been flown what appears to be above FL100. It crashes in any weather, any airport and siutation. It always happens within 5-10nm of any given airport.
It often happens when I pause the simulator on final via the button "P" on the keyboard.

For the life of me I cannot figure out what is wrong. It would be highly appreciated if someone - preferrably the developer, could shed any light on what the issue might be.
@ Silverarrow ,
To try to isolate what is causing the CTD
Look in the Windows Event Viewer and get the
Faulting Module Name
example:

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)