Resolution Set Up

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
droemell

Resolution Set Up

Post by droemell »

Hello all,

I am thinking about buying a Prepar 3D V4 license.
Since my old PC is to old, I want to buy a new one. I have read the hard requirements on this page
here, but I wonder, which screen resolution is supported by Prepar 3D V4.

My plan was to buy an ultra wide screen monitor (32:9) which has a resolution of 5120 x 1440 pixel.
Will Prepar 3D V4 support this high resolution? Or is it a better solution to buy f.e. 2-3 screens in the format
16:9 or 21:9 ?

Do you have any recommendations for me?

Thank you for your feedback.
KR
Markus
downscc

Re: Resolution Set Up

Post by downscc »

The resolution is not the issue, it simply doesn't matter for the most part. However, your aspect ratio is going to be a problem. As you stretch the frame that is rendered specifically for 16:9 to 32:9 your squares become rectangles and circles become ovals unless your display compensates by blowing up the vertical. I'm not an expert but I'd stick to standard ratios.

My 42-in 4K display works great placed just ahead of the keyboard at my computer table. It pretty much fills my field of view but you could try a bigger one... just stick to 16:9.

Again, I'm not an expert and would never be interested in multiple screens although many are. I am an engineer and like to keep things simple. Even if you had surround vision the reality is that this is still just a PC simulator and not the real thing.
Dan Downs
KCRP