Clearing v4 From Registry

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
congapadre

Clearing v4 From Registry

Post by congapadre »

Uninstalled v4 and installed v5. Everything works ok, but there are a few problems with loading a few of my third party planes. Because the v4 registry keys are still in the Lockheed Martin folder (along with the v5 keys), I have been told by third party support that this is where the problem lies. Can I use regedit and just delete the v4 keys? I would need to get them all.
Dzosef

Re: Clearing v4 From Registry

Post by Dzosef »

Not sure what you mean by registry keys lies in Lockheed Martin Folder...
Anyway, the uninstaller should do the work for you (ie. deactivate v4), if it haven't then I guess you messed up uninstallation process at some point.
What exacly is the problem with the aircrafts?
And an answear to your question. Yes, you can delete p4d records from registry, you can do anything you want with your computer. No need to ask for permission :/
dexander

Re: Clearing v4 From Registry

Post by dexander »

Download and install Registry Finder. Open it and open "folder" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components. Start search with your P3Dv4 install path and after it remove all keys.