Prepar3d.exe has stopped working with PMDG add-ons

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
PeterWebber

Re: Prepar3d.exe has stopped working

Post by PeterWebber »

Go to Avsim, register there and then download their CTD guide...excellent guide by Jim. the error code you experience is caused by an AI aircraft addon....try disabling all addons or airports with AI aircraft, including static aircraft...this is quoted from the avsim guide.
Peter Webber
rmbaba

Post by rmbaba »

I contacted the PMDG, they replied with none of the errors described are related to their project.

They still force me to contact the owner of the Simulator. Do you think I'm only facing this problem world wide? p3d + PMDG ?

Regards
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

rmbaba,

Do you still experience the issue when you uninstall the PMDG add-on? If you experience it with any other aircraft please let us know. If you have exact reproduction steps that will help us investigate further.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
rmbaba

Re: Prepar3d.exe has stopped working with PMDG add-ons

Post by rmbaba »

Hello,

It could be from the add-on, but; below is my reply to PMDG Support
Finally, I catch the problem and it is.

In order to avoid the problem of stop working after 2 hours, we shouldn't use the popup NS & PFD screens. popup = p3d crash

I tried a flight yesterday with virtual cockpit only without any popup or undocking it works. I tried 3 flights 2 without popup and 1 with, I get an error with the one I pop up the screens.

So, I'm able to fly now long haul without any crashes.
And here what they replied:
Please continue to press Lockheed on the matter. The faulting modules that pop up in the error messages are not ours, which means there's not much we can do about it.
So finally, I cannot prove of the problem is really from P3D or from PMDG, but as a customer, I can say that the problem is still when the ND and PFD are in popup mode or undocked.

All The Best