[RESOLVED] How to upgrade from P3Dv4.2 to 4.3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Step80

[RESOLVED] How to upgrade from P3Dv4.2 to 4.3

Post by Step80 »

Hi guys
i have some question for you :
i would upgrade the client from 4.2 to 4.3, cause aerosoft airbus professional, work only with 4.3 (aerosoft says that).
My first question is:
if i do the upgrade, i have to reinstall all the addons? I have to do something to them? i don't know...some update or else..or they will work without touch them? Cause i have something like 150 addons and i really don't want stay hours and hours to work on....
Second question: How work the upgrade? Or better: what i have to do exactly?
There is some guide ? some link? I saw something online, where they say to disinstall the client 4.2 and install the new one.
But i would be sure to do it really well :-)
So... thanks to all will help me :-))
downscc

Re: ugrade from P3Dv4.2 to 4.3

Post by downscc »

If you update only the client you should not need to do anything to your addons other than update those that would require updating. I do not have any Aerosoft aircraft so I cannot help there, but most addons like Orbx and HiFi Active Sky have updates available either the same day or within a short time of the v4.3 release. Refer to the developers if you have questions about their products.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Step80 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:26 pm Second question: How work the upgrade? Or better: what i have to do exactly?
There is some guide ? some link? I saw something online, where they say to disinstall the client 4.2 and install the new one.
But i would be sure to do it really well :-)

Hello Step80

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forums.

To update the Client please see the Topic below and just follow step 1 and 2 of the INDEX

viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120861

Also follow this link for a video tutorial https://youtu.be/rTvuZi0NpAk?t=22s

Let us know how you get on
Step80

Post by Step80 »

Thanks to all of you ☺️☺️
Soon i will try to update the client and i let you know the result ☺️😄.
Thanks thanks thanks