[RESOLVED] P3dv4.3 not opening

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
Afonso_Miranda

[RESOLVED] P3dv4.3 not opening

Post by Afonso_Miranda »

Hi, I've just updated from p3dv4.1 to .3 and everytime I try to open the sim, it just shows this window forever: https://prnt.sc/k1ynf6

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Afonso Miranda
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3dv4.3 not opening

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Afonso,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Also, can you provide the details of your system?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Afonso_Miranda

Post by Afonso_Miranda »

PC specs:
i5 6600k
gtx 750ti
8gb RAM
I did everything regarding the topic you sent and nothing happend. It was probably not an add-on beacause I uninstalled all of them, but just in case, I uninstalled everyting regarding p3d and I am now installing the sim again.

Thanks for your help, :)
Afonso Miranda
PeterWebber

Post by PeterWebber »

Strangely enough I have just encountered the same problem today. It seemed to be caused by an addon airport that I had deleted using the Windows 10 "add/remove programs" while still being listed in the P3D scenery library. I had to re-install the airport, fire up P3D, delete the entry in the P3D scenery library first and then uninstall the airport again. After that it opened normally.

Regards.
Peter Webber
Afonso_Miranda

Post by Afonso_Miranda »

Luckly I found the solution:

''Delete the following generated folders/files. This will result in any add-ons being removed/disabled.
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4''
by Adam Breed
thanks a lot,

Afonso Miranda