Issue with lines on cockpit window

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Kosta

Issue with lines on cockpit window

Post by Kosta »

Hello,

referring to this issue:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 4&start=30

Is there a timeline for the patch please?
sbs9

Re: Issue with lines on cockpit window

Post by sbs9 »

There are two workarounds:

1. Change clipmode to minimum in cam definition within the camera.cfg

2. Override the near clip plane of the camera, using NearClipOverride property. NearClipOverride=1.5 eliminates the problem, at least for FSLabs’ airplanes.

I recommend to try the second alternative. According https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/came ... ation.html, the near clip value of clipmode=minimum is 1.0. Using 1.5 should give more priority to the rendering of distant objects.

Roman
Kosta

Post by Kosta »

That worked out, thank you - a good workaround.
I would however prefer LM to fix this issue.
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

I can't understand why this issue was introduced with v4.3, anyway it's very annoying and it's not acceptable to have sceneries objects flickering (in a sim where far objects already flicker since it's not possible to use SSAA) as a workaround. I really hope LM is working on a fix and releases it as soon as possible...
sbs9

Post by sbs9 »

jgoggi wrote: I can't understand why this issue was introduced with v4.3, anyway it's very annoying and it's not acceptable to have sceneries objects flickering (in a sim where far objects already flicker since it's not possible to use SSAA) as a workaround. I really hope LM is working on a fix and releases it as soon as possible...

I would say it is a side effect of some performance optimization.

However, I will probably keep using NearClipOverride even if a fix is released, just to get rid of those cut-off jetways. Have not experienced any major z-fighting issues with it.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I have not noticed this problem with P3Dv4.3.
I am still doing initial testing and waiting for some of my payware to get upgraded.

I only upgraded Client, Content and SDK.

What test would I do to see this problem?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)