P3D5 H2 terrain textures blurry in time

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
mbujor61@gmail.com

P3D5 H2 terrain textures blurry in time

Post by mbujor61@gmail.com »

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone experiencing this issue, that just developed out of the blue (nothing added or removed) for my P3D5 H2:
- at the start of the flight everything looks great
- as the flight progresses the terrain texture becomes very blurry with some autogen buildings popping up here and there.
- if change the profiles, meaning changing the level of details to lower or higher fixes it for a while, but then it goes back to above.
- also I noticed the video card memory usage is low 3.1 to 3.6

Using entire ORBX Global packs (base, Vector, OpenLCs,etc) and Pilot's Global Ultimate NG 2020 and some airports, mainly Aerosoft.
Video card is a Gigabyte 1080Ti Gaming OC Black 11GB.

Any feedback / suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike
Alox

Re: P3D5 H2 terrain textures blurry in time

Post by Alox »

mbujor61@gmail.com wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:30 pm Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone experiencing this issue, that just developed out of the blue (nothing added or removed) for my P3D5 H2:
- at the start of the flight everything looks great
- as the flight progresses the terrain texture becomes very blurry with some autogen buildings popping up here and there.
- if change the profiles, meaning changing the level of details to lower or higher fixes it for a while, but then it goes back to above.
- also I noticed the video card memory usage is low 3.1 to 3.6

Using entire ORBX Global packs (base, Vector, OpenLCs,etc) and Pilot's Global Ultimate NG 2020 and some airports, mainly Aerosoft.
Video card is a Gigabyte 1080Ti Gaming OC Black 11GB.

Any feedback / suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike
Yeap, this problem persist in P3DV5 H2, although we have to consider that was improved a little bit in this hotfix.
Hopefully LM can keep working on this.

Regards.
downscc

Post by downscc »

I haven't seen this problem in quite awhile Mike, but I know I've experienced on at least two different occasions. The terrain textures simply start loosing resolution and appear blurry. Doing a display refresh (I've assigned a key to this function) will clear it up but it comes back.

I believe the first time I ran into this was in P3Dv3 and the solution at that time was to turn off hyperthreading (HT) in the BIOS (UEFI). HT on = blurries. HT off = no blurries. The second time was in P3Dv4 and I don't remember what I finally came up with at the time but it had to do with my display settings and possibly tweaks in the prepar3d.cfg. All I remember is that I changed settings/tweaks and I haven't seen it in P3Dv5.

I always get best results when I use a frame rate limit in the P3D display settings (not an external limit). The rendering engine workload is assigned internally by P3D based on the frame rate limit. No limit and P3D will schedule work to achieve the fastest frame rate a the expense of terrain texture quality. Give it a rate limit (I use 24 fps but also have used 30 fps) and the rendering engine is given more time and resource each frame to get the job done.
Dan Downs
KCRP
mbujor61@gmail.com

Post by mbujor61@gmail.com »

Thank you Guys, for the quick reply. I guess will have to wait for LM to fix this, HOPEFULY.
Will try to limit the frames internally to below 30 and see what happens.
In my particular case I own an I7 9700K which has no HT feature / option.
Thank you again for your quick reply and suggestions, greatly appreciated.
Mike
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Gentlemen,

My observations differ a little from Dan's, in that I seem to get the sim running smoother when I leave the frame rate limiter in the sim at unlimited, and instead limit the frame rate in the nVidia Control Panel.

Mind you, this is my subjective observation, and it may also only be valid with my particular CPU/graphics card combo, combined with my settings.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

mbujor61@gmail.com wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:33 am Thank you Guys, for the quick reply. I guess will have to wait for LM to fix this, HOPEFULY.
Will try to limit the frames internally to below 30 and see what happens.
In my particular case I own an I7 9700K which has no HT feature / option.
Thank you again for your quick reply and suggestions, greatly appreciated.
Mike
I set my FPS to 29 in P3D Options and all ok with my setup ( Orbx, FSDT, FlightBeam ) Intel i9-9900K (16 cores).
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Alox

Post by Alox »

I had the opportunity to test with two different configurations before that i upgrade my equipment.

System: I7-4930 4.4 Ghz., 48 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz, RTX 2080 Super, 1 TB SSD WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro.
Add ons: Orbx base pack, openLC north america, buildings HD, trees HD, Libraries, Central rockies, Vector, Global ultimate - NG 2020, pmdg 737NGXu, C182 Skylane from A2A, Rex Sky Force.

Outcome: Terrain textures blurry in some cases.

System: I7 10700K 5.1 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4 4000 Mhz, RTX 2080 Super, 1 TB SSD WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro.
Add ons: Orbx base pack, openLC north america, buildings HD, trees HD, Libraries, Central rockies, Vector, Global ultimate - NG 2020, pmdg 737NGXu, C182 Skylane from A2A, Rex Sky Force.

Outcome: Terrain textures blurry in some cases.

but like I said before with Hotfix 2 this decreases a bit.

Regards.