CTD when line up

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Kolos

CTD when line up

Post by Kolos »

Dear Simmers,

I have running P3D V4.5 Japanese domestic operations from Tokyo Haneda.
I have been using stock airport with modifications by ADE Airport designer /Cross runway operations/
addons: GSX airport enhancement, ProsimAR A320, Aerosoft A320

During taxi before departure, when changing to tower short before line up, P3D freeze than crash to desktop.
I would like to ask some help, how to fix the problem.

Event viewer message as below:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.14.34698, time stamp: 0x5e94b5c2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.778, time stamp: 0xafa78a6a
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a799
Faulting process id: 0xacc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d67213ac4d3adf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: d6689e6a-3ba9-42f0-b32e-ae377689fb96
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Kolos
Kolos

Re: CTD when line up

Post by Kolos »

For now
I can say, CTD is happening any phase of flight, any place I fly.

I don't know what "KERNELBASE.dll" do, but afraid too many things, and this way fault description is not enough detailed.
How can I get closer to the faulty module?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

This is a very difficult error to diagnose, and all I really can say is that I googled this:

Exception code: 0xc0020001

and the error seems to come from a "invalid string binding" in some piece of C++ programming.

Now you see how difficult that one is!

It could - in my limited thinking - be a programming error in an add-on (but which one....) or a missing C++ library *unlikely I think, but also possible).

So what you could do here is plunder Microsoft for any and all C++, Visual C and Visual C++ libraries, and install them. Fortunately they are all free. While you're at it, get whatever you can find of .NET libraries. And, IMPORTANT, get both the x64 and x86 versions of the libraries where available. A big mouthful could also be installing Visual Studio 2019....

Anyway, after all the installing, make sure to run Windows Update, and under Advanced options i Update make sure the switch "Receive updates for other Microsoft products" set to On.

Jorgen

PS: I remember also seeing somewhere that reducing your settings could help getting rid of this error....
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Kolos ,

You mentioned:
"During taxi before departure, when changing to tower short before line up, P3D freeze than crash to desktop."

Which ATC are you using?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Kolos

Post by Kolos »

Default P3D ATC
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Kolos wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:47 pm Default P3D ATC
@ Kolos,

You could review / run through all the General Debugging Steps :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Kolos

Post by Kolos »

Dear Martyson,

The steps in the link you attached, have been done many times.
I would say for sure, my problem is not like general.

The only thing I know is this "Kernelbase.dll" which does not say anything to me, but all the times causing the simulator crash to
desktop, today during cruising level.
For deeper investigations, I need help, which applications works together with kernelbase.dll
How could I get a more detailed event view? Exactly what is happening inside kernelbase.dll when crashing.

Best regards,

Kolos
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Kolos wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:50 am Dear Martyson,

The steps in the link you attached, have been done many times.
I would say for sure, my problem is not like general.

The only thing I know is this "Kernelbase.dll" which does not say anything to me, but all the times causing the simulator crash to
desktop, today during cruising level.
For deeper investigations, I need help, which applications works together with kernelbase.dll
How could I get a more detailed event view? Exactly what is happening inside kernelbase.dll when crashing.

Best regards,

Kolos
@ Kolos ,

Did you do Debugging steps 5, 6 and 7 ?
Best Regards,
Kolos

Post by Kolos »

Appologies, nopp

I have a phisical A320 real cockpit hardawre with several usb-s and drivers. Removing this addon
would cause no point of simulation for me.

Today CTD cause is different.
Two issues:
1. terrain.dll
2..NET Runtime (Framework Version: v4.0.30319)

The above problems are totally new. Never happened before.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Kolos wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:42 am Appologies, nopp

I have a phisical A320 real cockpit hardawre with several usb-s and drivers. Removing this addon
would cause no point of simulation for me.

Today CTD cause is different.
Two issues:
1. terrain.dll
2..NET Runtime (Framework Version: v4.0.30319)

The above problems are totally new. Never happened before.
@ Kolos ,

"I have a phisical A320 real cockpit hardawre"

That is important information which was missing from your first post.

Have a look at step 7 in the debugging steps.
Best Regards,
Kolos

Post by Kolos »

Let's leave out unplugging USB devices topic for a short time.

Yesterday evening CTD happened, when descending through 10000' MSL in Tokyo bay, when default ATC instructed me to switch Tokushima approach (???). Some seconds later P3D paused, and audio frozen some space noise than CTD. Tokushima is hundreds of miles away from Tokyo. From how is that came up??
As it happened, I just recalled my memory, and remembered this was not the first event with Tokushima in different other places when flying through 10000 feet. ATC instructs me to switch freq than back than again than back between two freqs.

For the first touch, I would not see any relations between a terrain.dll error and an incorrectly installed device.
Kolos

Post by Kolos »

Rather, I would sink into the topic which components are related to kernelbase.dll and terrain.dll

I am not a program writer...
I don't know how to start. But afraid investigation should start here
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Kolos,

I went back to your initial report (first post in this thread).

In that, your said you were operating from the v. 4.5 stock Tokyo-Haneda airport, modified with ADE. You are also using GSX airport enhancements.

What version of ADE did you use for the modifications, and have you maybe posted this to ADE support? Maybe - just maybe, this could be caused by a conflict between the modified airport and GSX? Not having GSX myself, I will readily admit that this is a shot in the dark.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Kolos

Post by Kolos »

This evening tried a Tokyo to Okinawa flight... Half way...
During cruise over the blue middle of nowhere CTD.
Prior flight, GSX uninstalled. So the problem does not come from GSX

Since shader files folder emptied, CTD occurrences increased.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

What version of ADE did you use for the modifications, and have you maybe posted this to ADE support?

What were the modifications you did to Tokyo-Haneda?

Jorgen