Flight Plan Structure

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Martyson

Re: Flight Plan Structure

Post by Martyson »

In addition to my previous post / video:

I also filed the saved flight plan (from the video) in the air and got Amarillo Center and then Clearance (screenshot).

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

With option 2 or 3 in the ATC menu after I make my request the system plays my request, then system freezes without playing the ATC response and then CTDs
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Did you watch my video?

Edit: My last post mentioned Amarillo Center .. was actually Albuquerque Center as in the ATC text.
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Your latest post is a screen shot, not a video. I'm still trying different things but so far no luck
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

bullfox wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:49 pm Your latest post is a screen shot, not a video. I'm still trying different things but so far no luck
"Your latest post is a screen shot, not a video."
Correct.
Did you read the first line above that screenshot?

Notes:
“Did you watch my video?” was just a question. I was just looking for a Yes or No answer.

You need to read all my previous posts from 1-31-24 .
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Watching your video every thing seems the same up to the point at which I am in the air and request IFR clearance. At that point ATC does not reply and the system locks up then goes to CTD. It seems to me that the system cannot find the appropriate ATC thread so it locks up. This might be because in my installation P3D6 is on the G drive and the documents file is on the C drive along with P3D6 files and add ons. I'm not sure that's the problem but currently that's the only possible cause I have. Still working on the problem.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Get your P3D6 in a default state (no add-ons) and leave it in a default state (no add-ons) for testing.
Fully Uninstall P3D6 (G drive).
Delete C/users/steve/documents/p3d6 addons & p3d6 files.

Reboot your PC.
Download a fresh copy of P3D6 from your P3D account.
Verify the Checksum.
Virus checker OFF.
Reboot PC.
Install P3D6 to your G drive (G:\PrePar3D v6)
Reboot PC.
Test again.
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Vaughan,
Thinks. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I will have to reinstall P3D6. When I do I am going to put it on the C Drive ands simplify the installation. Probably will not do this for a while as I have some other non sim things going on now.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

bullfox wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:17 pm Vaughan,
Thinks. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I will have to reinstall P3D6. When I do I am going to put it on the C Drive ands simplify the installation. Probably will not do this for a while as I have some other non sim things going on now.
Hello bullfox ,

Ok, sounds like a plan.

Note:
Be sure to delete the old P3D6 Folder after Uninstall (if still present) on your G drive regardless if your next install is on the C drive or any other drive.
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

With the update that came through today I now have IFR working.