CTD P3d v4.5

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
JorgenSA

Re: CTD P3d v4.5

Post by JorgenSA »

The mention of possible heating issues brings this up:

If the computer is question is a laptop, make sure its ventilation openings are not dusty or even clogged with dust, and make sure it is positioned so it can get rid of the warm air from the exhaust.

If this is a desktop, then most likely it is some kind of a tower. If that is on the floor, then get it off the floor - really really important. Use a small footstool, small cabinet or whatever, but get it at least a foot (30 cm.) off the floor, the more the better, because all kinds of dust etc goes to the floor and then gets sucked into the computer.

After you have done that, open the case and clean it out gently. For that, use a can of compressed air, but get your significant other (wife, fiancee, girlfriend etc etc) to hold a vacuum cleaner so that it catches the dust being blown out, you won't believe how much there can be.

Fans etc inside the case, where dust can have accumulated, can be loosened gently with a small brush and then blown out with the compressed air.

That concludes Jorgen's class 101 on computer cleaning.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.