Persistent Error During Scenery Library Update in Prepar3D v4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
brunneous

Persistent Error During Scenery Library Update in Prepar3D v4

Post by brunneous »

I've been a dedicated user of Prepar3D for years, and I've recently encountered a persistent issue while updating the scenery library in Prepar3D v4. I'm reaching out to the community for some insights or solutions that might help me get back to smooth flying.

Issue Details:
Every time I attempt to add new scenery to the library, I receive an error message stating, "Scenery.cfg file error. Invalid remote scenery path in scenery Area.121." After clicking 'OK,' the simulator continues to load, but the new scenery does not appear in the game.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
• I've verified the integrity of the scenery.cfg file and confirmed that the paths are correct.

• I've run the installer as an administrator to rule out permission issues.

• I've also attempted a clean reinstall of Prepar3D v4, but the problem persists.

Seeking Community Assistance:
Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, what steps did you take to resolve it? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those who have successfully navigated this problem without compromising their existing scenery setup.

Additional Context:
• The error occurs with both third-party and default scenery.

• I'm running Prepar3D v4 on Windows 10 with the latest updates installed.

I appreciate any advice or suggestions you might have. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my query. Happy flying!

Feel free to adjust the content to better fit your personal style or the specific guidelines of the Prepar3D forum. Happy posting!
JorgenSA

Re: Persistent Error During Scenery Library Update in Prepar3D v4

Post by JorgenSA »

Try to get Lorby's free Addon Organizer and see how that sees your scenery.cfg file.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.