Airport exclusion

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
may7day

Airport exclusion

Post by may7day »

I recently installed EDDN by Flightbeam and the airport looks good but there protruding buildings from the default scenery. How can I exclude them?
JorgenSA

Re: Airport exclusion

Post by JorgenSA »

You need to report this to Flightbeam. They need to provide the proper excludes in their add-on scenery.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
canaroforce12

Post by canaroforce12 »

There is no need to contact the developer. Exclusions can be made directly in Airport Design Editor (ADE). Not only objects around the airport, but also those in the surrounding areas.
And an updated version of the latter is not even necessary, as is erroneously said in other forums: the version for P3v5 is sufficient. If necessary, Model Converter X (MCX) can also be used for a more detailed view of the area considered. It's very simple, although sometimes it may take a little more time for areas that are more densely populated with objects. Of course, you can choose what to exclude and what not to exclude.
Cavendish

Post by Cavendish »

Hello JorgenSA,

please sorry, but your seem not to realise the mainproblem of the new Version 6:
In the past a addon-scenery led to a disappearing of the P3D-stock airport.

It never mattered whether you created your own scenery with ADE or whether a purchased scenery was integrated via the scenery. cfg or the add-on. cfg: The stock airport was always automatically deleted and only the add-on scenery was displayed.
Starting with version 6 of P3D, the standard buildings now remain standing and cover the more real add-on scenery buildings.
This is a nuisance and must always be painstakingly corrected with an extra deletion scenario via the ADE.

In summary: The automatic deletion of the stock airports by an add-on scenario should be reinstalled as a matter of urgency to solve this problem.

Thank you very much.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

It is the responsibility of any add-on developer to ensure that his product works with the intended target version of the flight simulator.

It is not the responsibility of the flight simulator developer to make the flight simulator work with the add-on.

Those are the basic rules. End of that story.

We do not know which exact version of P3D the OP has, and we do not know if the version of EDDN he installed is intended for the version of P3D he has. Those are two crucial pieces of information he did not supply, hence my very short reply.

And working with ADE or MCX is not everyone's cup of tea. In addition to which, the current version of ADE supports P3D v. 4, and the development (beta) supports v. 5. If the OP has v. 6 (as I suspect, but we do not know that) then ADE may or may not be of help.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hello may7day and Cavendish,

Note: I have FlightBeam products but not EDDN.

Did you previously see this on the FlightBeam site?:
Flightbeam EDDN is for P3D5

https://shop.flightbeam.net/apps/help-c ... -taxisigns

EDDN: I see duplicate/default buildings and/or taxisigns

As always, when default buildings are appearing it indicates a duplicate AFCAD file that should be removed from your sim. Here are the steps in order to resolve (in order):

- Use the Flightbeam Manager's troubleshooting tool to automatically find files causing this.

- If the above didn't work: Open your Scenery Library, start unchecking scenery one by one to temporarily de-activate them until the duplicate buildings disappear. This will tell you which scenery entry has the problematic file.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)