No scenery after v6 install

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Auralumin

No scenery after v6 install

Post by Auralumin »

Fresh Install with no previous Prepar3D installations.
I can see the airplane inside and there is audio. Everything seems normal except there is black where scenery should be.

Prepar3D_v6_Personal_6.1.9.31599
OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor, 3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
Total Physical Memory 95.9 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
mpni

Re: No scenery after v6 install

Post by mpni »

Hi Auralumin
Try installing the latest version which is 6.1.11
Regards
Michel
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

if the scenery outside the airplane is completely black with no details showing, you probably have missing texture files although its surprising you didn't get any error messages. However, if everything is just real dark, including the cockpit, its probably a settings issue with the lighting, maybe even the time of day.

If I were trying to diagnose this problem I would see what it looks like from outside the aircraft, and I would try different airports to see what things look like.

This seems like a really unusual problem. I saw this once when I was experimenting with the aircraft config file to make the engine on a Cessna 170 more powerful. I overdid it. When I went to full power to take off the 170 had so much torque it screwed itself into the ground. First the screen went blood red than it went black when the 170 was completely below ground. I hope you have good luck with finding the solution to this unusual problem.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Auralumin,

When you installed P3D, did you:

1. Reboot the system just before the install,

2. Run the installer as Administrator (really really important!), and

3. After flying around for a few minutes when the install was done, did you then reboot again?

Also, though you have a nVidia 3060 like me, there is a (small) chance that there is an issue in prepar3d.cfg with the graphics.

In prepar3d.cfg, near the end of the file, there is a section that on my system looks like this:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060.0.0]
Mode=3840x2160x32

Please post the equivalent section from your prepar3d.cfg here. If you can't seem to locate the file, then post that here and we''l help you find it.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.