Removing these Prepar3d Billboards from Airports

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
Delta95Heavy

Removing these Prepar3d Billboards from Airports

Post by Delta95Heavy »

Finding these billboards randomly at airports in Prepar3d v5.4; these in particular are at KEGE and literally in the middle of the taxiway. How do I get rid of these here and at other airports?

JorgenSA

Re: Removing these Prepar3d Billboards from Airports

Post by JorgenSA »

I am not certain, but I see that you are using an academic license, and that may be why.

I will see if that also happens at KEGE with my Professional Plus license.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:30 am I am not certain, but I see that you are using an academic license, and that may be why.

I will see if that also happens at KEGE with my Professional Plus license.

Jorgen
I'm on the academic version and haven't seen these on any airport.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Sabre, try to go to KEGE.

My theory about these billboards only being in the Academic version was shot down. They are there in the Professional Plus version also, both in v. 5 and v. 6.

But, until now, I have only seen them at KEGE. I agree with the OP that they should be removed, but that may only happen in v. 6, as no more development takes place in v. 5.

For v. 5 users, ADE seems to be the only hope.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Delta95Heavy

Post by Delta95Heavy »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:32 pm Sabre, try to go to KEGE.

My theory about these billboards only being in the Academic version was shot down. They are there in the Professional Plus version also, both in v. 5 and v. 6.

But, until now, I have only seen them at KEGE. I agree with the OP that they should be removed, but that may only happen in v. 6, as no more development takes place in v. 5.

For v. 5 users, ADE seems to be the only hope.

Jorgen
ADE is what I am doing for the most part to remove the occasional signs that I run into. EGE is a bit of overkill. There are 5 signs there, LOL. I do a fair amount of flying and livestreaming on YT and it's gotten to be a time consuming process to scout an airport I am going to fly into, look for signs and go through the whole ADE process of removing, compiling, saving, moving files into P3d, etc.

IIRC there's a couple years old thread discussing removal of the signs in v5 but they weren't able to get them all but I can't find the referenced thread now.

Edit: Found the thread. https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... ns#p222288

There has to be an easier way to remove them. Delete the library object, etc.... I really don't know.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I actually looked for a scenery object named something like "prepar3dsign", but there isn't such a thing, as far as I can see.

Jorgen

Delta95Heavy

Post by Delta95Heavy »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:50 pm I actually looked for a scenery object named something like "prepar3dsign", but there isn't such a thing, as far as I can see.

Jorgen
The object is called "gen sign01" and it's part of the "hazards.bgl" file.