no click spots in virtual cockpit p3d v6

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
hermes82

Re: no click spots in virtual cockpit p3d v6

Post by hermes82 »

thanks Sabre57, problem solved and the fsx aircraft are working fine too, i've never checked mipmap panels in any previous version so I didn't think twice about leaving it unchecked with v6, thanks for the heads up
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

When you first install P3D it is checked.

Unchecking it caused your problem.

A full Uninstall and Install of P3D6 as previously suggested / previous post should have corrected your problem.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Yeah, that's the famous "Martyson default solution".

Resolving the issue, as Sabre did, is by far the better solution.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I agree and I confirmed that by my follow up post to Sabre57.
“Hi Sabre57,
Great, that is the problem.
On a default install, which the OP did several times, it should be On.”

The Op's first post mentioned:
"I have searched on the forum as well as the internet and can't find an answer to my issue, I can't select anything on the F35 mfd in p3d v6.1 patch 3, it's been the same since the initial release"

So, I suspected a bad P3D install from the start.

Note:
Actually it was the OP who replied to my post saying “i've reinstalled it several times”.

This is the content of my post before learning the op had already reinstalled P3D (which should have Fixed his problem):

Ok,

Confirmed the default F-35 is not working on your P3D6 setup.

You could get a refund if P3D6 was recently installed:
P3D Refund Policy:
https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

Since you are the only one reporting the problem I would suspect a bad P3D install.

You could do a full Uninstall, fresh P3D product download, Install with virus checker off, reboot PC and test is a default configuration.

Other considerations from the top of the forum for your review:

The P3D system requirements:
https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

Posting Issue Reports (by Chris Metel)
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5&t=145776

The General Debugging Steps (by Chris Metel) :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 6&t=145777
Best Regards,
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

hermes82 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:25 am thanks Sabre57, problem solved and the fsx aircraft are working fine too, i've never checked mipmap panels in any previous version so I didn't think twice about leaving it unchecked with v6, thanks for the heads up
Glad I could help. It's pretty weird, to me any way, that this would have any impact on click spots.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Note P3D6:
With Mipmap vc panels unchecked the mouse pointer is the normal (e.g. arrow) in the P3D F-35 Panoramic panel.
With Mipmap vc panels checked the mouse pointer changes to the Hand with its Finger pointing to the item in the F-35 Panoramic panel.
Best Regards,
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

Sabre57 is quite correct, the answers you give with regard to issues posted is always the same format Martyson so please try and limit your responses to actual solutions, as for your last post i've been using both fsx, fsx acceleration and every single version of p3d since v1 and Sabre57 solved the problem for me with only 1 simple question, I long since learned that the mouse cursor changes to a hand icon when over a clickable switch or mfd function so making a final post pointing that snippet of information out was rather unnecessary
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hi hermes82,

"I long since learned that the mouse cursor changes to a hand icon when over a clickable switch or mfd function"
You did not mention that in any post .... so your mouse was an Arrow , not a Hand, when reporting the problem, correct?

You mentioned you had already installed P3D several times.
That alone should have solved your problem before posting in the forum.

So, I mentioned :
Since you are the only one reporting the problem I would suspect a bad P3D install.

Do you agree?
Best Regards,