VR & the elusive single pass stereo

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
supermallard

VR & the elusive single pass stereo

Postby supermallard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 am

Folks I've got a question that pertains to P3D 4.2 use with an Oculus Rift.

While attempting to correct some quite bad aliasing issues - not blur, but aliasing it appears - i've come across info on single pass stereo vs other options for the HMD mode.

a quick note prior to that, i just installed a GTX 1080 and have been using FlyInside. Really immersive, but i still have some issues with the VC appearance. Using 2xSGSS in nvidia inspector - AA setting is on 2xMSAA in P3D. i've messed with supersampling etc as well for the rift. i'm still kinda lost.

to the point now - i have searched high and low for info on simply how to switch modes to single pass stereo with almost no success. i found the page below:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d ... ality.html

the TL;DR for that page is that i can change the display mode by editing a P3D config file - VirtualReality.cfg

The mystery here is that in looking at the path that file does not exist on my system. widening the search still did not turn it up anywhere (system files included).

i decided i'd just create the file and add the setting, but i do not see any difference or indication of a change.

my guess is i'm likely missing something obvious - any help here would be greatly appreciated!

~Super
"If it ain't broke, fix it until it is." -AvE (possibly the best channel on youtube)

aeronauta

Re: VR & the elusive single pass stereo

Postby aeronauta » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:04 am

I have the file in..C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
but all the settings for VR are in the menu under Virtual_reality>Headset Display Mode

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester

supermallard

Re: VR & the elusive single pass stereo

Postby supermallard » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:48 am

Jorge,

Thank you for your response!

I apologize for being dense, but i do not see anything in any of the menus titled Headset Display Mode.

I do have a Virtual Reality menu when i right click, but this only contains two options - VR Cockpit and VR Virtual Cockpit.

Could you clarify where i should see this menu?

Now starting to wonder if a reinstall is in my future...
"If it ain't broke, fix it until it is." -AvE (possibly the best channel on youtube)

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”