Landscape Issue (black textures) With 5.1

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
MTN1794

Landscape Issue (black textures) With 5.1

Post by MTN1794 »

I haven't seen this problem to this extent since I used FSX many years ago. I updated to v5.1 today and several land mass sections are blackened or are changing their appearances. Most sections appear fine. Some impact on shoreline water is noted also, as are squared off corners of land class sections. I use a GTX 1070 and i5 6600 so I think that's OK. I also updated my computer and NIVIDIA GForce too. A restart didn't change anything. If this happened because I didn't do a full reinstall but deleted the scenery, content and client and then reloaded them beginning with the client first, let me know. Thanks.
lucagigli

Re: Landscape Issue (black textures) With 5.1

Post by lucagigli »

Do you use Orbx addons? It is a well known issue cause by a filed overwritten by new version of P3D. This is how to solve it (from Orbx forum): it is happened to me a lot of times (it works also with P3D5, even it speaks about P3D4). Plerase follow the instructions exactly in this orde (I suggest you to do all):

First run Verify files for Global Base and for all your open LC products and

the Orbx Libraries to rule out the possibility of missing files.

If this does not work:

1a. If your Orbx Libraries are installed into the P3D folder

Please try renaming Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl .off

Run Verify files for the Orbx Libraries which will replace the lclookup.bgl file.

1b. If your Orbx Libraries are installed into an Orbx Central Library, please do not rename

Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl .off

2. Rename C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.cfg to terrain.cfg.off

3. Run P3D v4 once to create a new terrain.cfg file and close it.

4. Then run Sync Simulator in Orbx Central which will write back the Orbx entries.

Orbx Central\Help\Sync Simulator

5. Then try P3D again.
MTN1794

Post by MTN1794 »

Excellent. I'll give it a go. Thank you.
MTN1794
MTN1794

Post by MTN1794 »

Verifying ORBX worked. Thanks again.