Flight Plan Structure

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Daveo

Re: Flight Plan Structure

Post by Daveo »

Thanks Rob for confirming that.
Dave Opper
ESSB
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Another small request. With the Navigation log and a simple flight plan there is a totalizer at the top of the log which shows the the total time, fuel, and mileage for the flight plan. However, when the routing gets complicated, there is no totalizer at the top of the log. So my request is to always show at the top of the log the total time, fuel, and mileage for the flight plan.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
dpperrin@verizon.net

Post by dpperrin@verizon.net »

with the latest update on my system nothing has improved on IFR flightplans. Still no IFR clearance and no landing runway instructions
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

dpperrin@verizon.net wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:40 pm with the latest update on my system nothing has improved on IFR flightplans. Still no IFR clearance and no landing runway instructions
Delete old flight plans / flights.

Create new flight plans and test again.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

You guys at LM have made no progress on fixing the problems with IFR. I still cannot load an IFR flight plan on the ground and when I try to load one in the air, ATC acts lack it wants to give altitude and routing instructions but then freezes and P3D crashes. After loading the latest update (P3D6.195?) I deleted all my old flight plans and loaded a new scenario with a new IFR flight plan and got the above result.

If you guys have some instruction on how to make IFR work, I would like to see it. Before you tried to fix it IFR worked ok in that it was a bit quirky but was very robust and didn't cause CTDs. It may not have had all the bells and whistles you are trying to add but at least it never flew me into a mountainside and always got me where I was going.

I'm not a licensed pilot. Just a long time flight simmer trying to learn more about real world aviating.
P3d6.19 is great, but first, do no harm. Don't break something trying to make it better. LM, I would hope, is not Boeing.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Can you provide steps on how you're encountering this problem. We believe we fixed the issue where IFR was not initialized when creating a flight plan or loading a scenario. Any previously saved scenarios in 6.1.8 will still experience this issue so new scenarios will need to be created in 6.1.9.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Rob,
Thanks for your reply. I'm going to do several more flights and try a few different things to see if I can avoid the problem. But I do have a question. I am assuming that how IFR works in P3d6.19 is not dependent on the aircraft, airport, or weather. Is that true?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Add-ons including aircraft or scenery/airports could impact this. We have made multiple updates to airports and aeronautical data in both 6.1.8 and 6.1.9. It's best to test this on a clean install if possible to ensure it's functioning as expected.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Rob,
The total installation with all my add ons which are mostly scenery is over 1 TB. Also, my installation is a bit unusual in that P3D5 is on the C drive with all the document files for P3D5 and P3D6. P3D6 itself is on the G drive because the C drive is nearly full. We're not talking the usual installation here. I was surprised when I loaded P3D6 that P3D6 files and add ons are on the C drive C/users/steve/documents/p3d6 addons & p3d6 files. Hard to believe that might be the problem.

I still can't start a flight on the ground in IFR and in the air when I try to load an IFR flight plan the system either CTD's or locks up for a couple of minutes and then CTD's To my mind its acting like its looking for the flight plan and/or files associated with the flight plan but can't find them.

Anyway, It was a bitch getting the system to find all the Orbx and other scenery for P3D6. My plan is to eventually move P3D5 to another drive and move P3D6 to the C Drive which is am M2 drive and my fastest drive. I've been waiting for ORBX to get its act together on P3D6, but that seems to be going slow if at all. For now except for the IFR problem P3d6.195 is working great even on my weird system. So I guess that's a feather in you guys cap. I'm going to keep plugin away at the IFR problem. I will let you know if I can get it to work.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I started a flight on the ground in IFR.

Then loaded and IFR plan.

Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

I still cannot load an IFR flight plan on the ground and when I try to load an IFR plan in the air I get a pause and then a CTD. This is with a flight from KLSAF to KAMA which are both native P3D airports with towers. This is with GPS routing.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

bullfox wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:39 am I still cannot load an IFR flight plan on the ground and when I try to load an IFR plan in the air I get a pause and then a CTD. This is with a flight from KLSAF to KAMA which are both native P3D airports with towers. This is with GPS routing.
from KLSAF to KAMA

KLSAF ? where is it?

Is this a newly created IFR plan?
Or and old saved plan?

Which aircraft are you loading it into?

Can you do a video of flight plan creation and loading into an aircraft on the ground?
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Sorry for mistype. My latest attempt is from Santa Fe, New Mexico to Amarillo, Texas, KSAF to KAMA. I deleted all my P3D6 flight plans and flights. After downloading the latest update I started a new flight with a new IFR flight plan. I still have the same problem. I cannot get IFR clearance on the ground. The program starts me in VFR. When I try to load an IFR plan in the air I get a CTD.

I think the problem is somewhere in my install ion but so far have not found it. Everything else in P3D6.195 works really great. You can see from some of my earlier posts that my installation is a bit unusual.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

bullfox wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:54 am Sorry for mistype. My latest attempt is from Santa Fe, New Mexico to Amarillo, Texas, KSAF to KAMA. I deleted all my P3D6 flight plans and flights. After downloading the latest update I started a new flight with a new IFR flight plan. I still have the same problem. I cannot get IFR clearance on the ground. The program starts me in VFR. When I try to load an IFR plan in the air I get a CTD.

I think the problem is somewhere in my install ion but so far have not found it. Everything else in P3D6.195 works really great. You can see from some of my earlier posts that my installation is a bit unusual.
" I cannot get IFR clearance on the ground."

Are you at a gate or runway?

Which aircraft are you loading it into?

Can you do a video of flight plan creation and loading into an aircraft on the ground?
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

KSAF Clearance (screenshot).

Watch this video.
Try the same procedure and see if you get ATIS and Clearance Delivery etc.

https://youtu.be/qL6AZ-805eQ
Best Regards,