Water bodies frezing over

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
rsubers2

Water bodies frezing over

Post by rsubers2 »

Is there some way of setting up bodies of water to freeze over in the winter i.e. have a texture that does that? I could presumably have a regular water bitmap for non-water seasons and a off-white bitmap for the winter seasons but it would still have water effects.
shermank

Re: Water bodies frezing over

Post by shermank »

If you have ORBX scenery files you can control this in ORBX Central.

Sherm
aguiar

Post by aguiar »

I second that request, could the developers add automatic seasonal ice on inland lakes and rivers?
perficad

Post by perficad »

This is a great idea for those of us who don't want / need orbx. (I use photo scenery instead) .

Also I'm pretty sure there is only one type of "water effects"? E.g. small lakes have waves flowing over them like oceans.
Carposept

Post by Carposept »

basket random
rsubers2 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:39 pm Is there some way of setting up bodies of water to freeze over in the winter i.e. have a texture that does that? I could presumably have a regular water bitmap for non-water seasons and a off-white bitmap for the winter seasons but it would still have water effects.
Using a regular water bitmap for non-winter seasons and an off-white or icy texture for winter can help create the look of frozen water.