5.4: App Hangs

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Martyson

Re: 5.4: App Hangs

Post by Martyson »

miraclemax wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:39 am Sorry for the confusion. The stock AM 16777215 caused the hangs. 16667988 works and I am using cores 0, 1 & 2. I've put up with these hangs for so long that I'm tired of thinking about it... But it goes without saying that I am still more than willing to help using my very limited knowledge of what the heck I'm talking about!!!

Still going strong, by the way.

max
Thanks for the added information.

Note:
I personally I do not use a calculated AM , just default AM, and have not encountered the problem you reported using P3D5 xxx versions.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Pardon me asking, but what is AM in this context?
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
agfreeman

Post by agfreeman »

Nothing wrong with asking, that's how we all learn. :-)

It stands for affinity mask. It basically tells P3D what cores of the processor it can and can't run on.
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Thanks. I did not connect AM with affinity mask. I am using the default affinity mask with no problems. My system is a bit out of the ordinary and yet P3D6.19 is remarkably stable.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
miraclemax

Post by miraclemax »

I mentioned earlier that I was on a flt from EBLG to HRYR using the PMDG 48F - night flt. The whole flt was hang/CTD free... except for the following different problem:

I had FSUIPC set to autosave every 300 seconds with 3 saves. I did this so I would have 3 saves over a 15 minute period, then if the sim hung and CTD'd I would have at least one good save to go back to. As long as I was at cruise altitude the autosaves didn't affect the sim; but if I was at departure/approach altitudes, where things were very resource intensive, the sim would freeze for over a minute but would recover. I timed the saves with a stop watch and the freezes occurred simultaneously with an autosave, at 300 second intervals. I double checked the save time in the <SAVE> menu and then cross checked those times with the time an autosave was performed; the times matched.

So I guess that I will end the FSUIPC autosaves and perform a manual save every now and then. I will make that change before my next flt and report back on the results.

Note: The AM-caused hangs and subsequent CTD's were a separate and much more serious problem, and that, to my relief, is solved...
for now.
max
miraclemax

Post by miraclemax »

Just completed a flawless flt with no stutters hangs or freezes with FSUIPC autosave completely off, all addons activated, modified AM, AI tfc @100%, all sliders to the right, etc etc. Problems solved.
max
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

Given the autosave function in FSUIPC just calls the standard save routine I doubt FSUIPC is at fault here.

Try 10+ flights and I would be surprised if you didn’t have the problem occur again.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K o/c to 5.8GHz, Nvidia RTX 4090 24Gb, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, Asus ROG STRIX HERO mobo, Crucial T700 4Tb SSD, Win 11 Pro, BenQ 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One Yoke