Missing Terminal building at KBOI

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
bullfox

Missing Terminal building at KBOI

Post by bullfox »

Missing terminal building at KBOI, Boise, Id.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
mpni

Re: Missing Terminal building at KBOI

Post by mpni »

Hi
All OK at KBOI by default with 6.1.11.
What version of P3D are you using?
Have you a specific scenery?
Regards
Michel
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hi bullfox ,

KBOI is ok on my setup.

Have you edited your Windows Registry?

Or installed any Airport / Scenery products not approved for P3D?

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

edit N/A
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

I have Orbx Central Rockies installed which includes most of Idaho including Boise. At one time there was talk of making Boise a pay ware airport but that talk stopped when MSFS came out. I think maybe they took the work on Boise already done and included it the Central Rockies region. Some of the Orbx True Earth regions have a similar problem of missing terminals in P3D6. This is probably due to a BGL that was in P3D5 but for some reason is not available in P3D6. If anyone has any further clues I would appreciate hearing them. This gets me a lot closer to tackling Airport Design Editor.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

bullfox wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:22 pm I have Orbx Central Rockies installed which includes most of Idaho including Boise. At one time there was talk of making Boise a pay ware airport but that talk stopped when MSFS came out. I think maybe they took the work on Boise already done and included it the Central Rockies region. Some of the Orbx True Earth regions have a similar problem of missing terminals in P3D6. This is probably due to a BGL that was in P3D5 but for some reason is not available in P3D6. If anyone has any further clues I would appreciate hearing them. This gets me a lot closer to tackling Airport Design Editor.
"I have Orbx Central Rockies installed which includes most of Idaho including Boise."

Have you contacted Orbx Support?
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

I have contacted them about the same problem in other areas, but did not get much of a response. I am going to uninstall Central Rockies and see what happens.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

bullfox wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:22 pm I have contacted them about the same problem in other areas, but did not get much of a response. I am going to uninstall Central Rockies and see what happens.
Ok,

Looks like you have discovered additional Orbx problems after porting from P3D5 to P3D6.

I noticed in your previous topic here:
https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150525

You mentioned:

“I ported over all my Orbx scenery and have ben adding more airports around the southwestern US and Caribbean. All these new addons were from P3d5 and installed with only minor problems.“

Looks like you may now need a little update in that topic as well.
Best Regards,
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

After deleting Orbx Central Rockies I went back to KOBI. The above is a shot from the tower. As you can see there are still some jetways that don't connect to their terminal buildings. As far as I can tell there is no Orbx scenery active at KOBI.

My general impression is that the P3D6 scenery is as good as or better than the Orbx Central Rockies regional scenery.