Thrustmaster Pro Flight - Full Left Aileron Deflection

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
stmad12

Thrustmaster Pro Flight - Full Left Aileron Deflection

Post by stmad12 »

Hello,
Newbie here, but I've been in home sims for 15+ years. My experience has led me to become the volunteer sim coordinator for a local aviation museum. They purchased a bunch of new hardware and P3Dv4 and it's my task to get it all working. The setup:

1) 2x Thrustmaster Boeing Yokes
2) 2x Saitek Pro Flight pedals
3) 1x Thrustmaster throttle
4) P3Dv4 vanilla

I have almost all the bugs ironed out other than an aileron issue. Moving either yoke right of center behaves exactly as it should, with aileron deflection proportional to the yoke position. Moving left of center causes the ailerons to go to 100% left deflection with even the slightest amount of left turn. This makes any left turn in some of the smaller aircraft almost barrel roll the aircraft. I've tried many things to fix the aggressive left turning:

1) TM's driver reset process.
2) Checked every axis assignment to every peripheral and ensured only two axes across all peripherals are bound to the ailerons.
3) Attempted to calibrate in P3D (this never really works - the same behavior exhibits even after deleting calibration and redoing it)
4) Unplugging everything other than a single yoke (behavior still happens with both yokes even when they are the only devices connected)

When I open the devices in joy.cpl and watch the axis movements, Windows sees smooth movement in all four directions on both yokes. The left turn 0-100% thing doesn't happen to Windows, which makes me think it's a P3D-ism.

Any suggestions for adjusting the calibration or adjusting P3D so that rolling left on the yokes doesn't immediately go to full left aileron deflection? I've tried everything I know of, short of doing an FSUIPC calibration. Maybe that will fix it, but I want to chase down every other possible avenue first.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Thrustmaster Pro Flight - Full Left Aileron Deflection

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi stmad12,

Could you try setting your Control Input API to Direct Input? I believe in v4 the default was Raw Input. You should be able to find this setting under Options > Controls > Other. Note that you'll need to redo any control bindings if you change this setting.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
stmad12

Post by stmad12 »

Hi Clifton,
I saw that slider but didn’t know what it was so I didn’t touch it. I’ll give that a try next time I’m near the sim.

For my own curiosity, what’s the difference?
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi stmad12,

They are two different software API's both provided by Microsoft SDK.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.