Crashes on startup

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Emu1

Crashes on startup

Post by Emu1 »

New install of P3D v5. Client crashes shortly after loading in the menu screen. Added it to firewall exceptions. Not sure what to do. Please help
JorgenSA

Re: Crashes on startup

Post by JorgenSA »

Try this: note down the approximate time of a crash. Then right-click on your Windows Start button and select Event Viewer. In Event Viewer, click on the little arrow next to "Windows Logs", then click on "Application". In the topo center pane you will now see a number of events, most of them titled "Information", with time-stamps on them. Scroll down these events until you come to the time you noted down, then there should be one or two events titled "Error". Click on those in turn, and the error information will show up in the bottom center pane. Copy that error information and post in a message here.

This sounds more difficult than it really is! But it provides the error information we need.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.