Incorrect UTC time.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
othersirate

Incorrect UTC time.

Post by othersirate »

My Windows 11 PC is set to UTC time via system settings and displays the correct UTC time in the system tray. When I create a new scenario and pick the use current system time with the UTC checkbox, Prepar3D uses an inaccurate UTC offset of one hour. If I uncheck the UTC box and then select the checkbox to utilize current system time, Prepar3D will start the scenario at the right UTC time.

I see no reason why ticking the UTC box would result in a one-hour offset from what is already the proper UTC time in Windows. To clarify, I am in the United States Pacific timezone, which is more than an hour behind UTC. In any event, that is meaningless because I have configured Windows to use UTC rather than my timezone. P3D is oddly offsetting this by one hour. It's almost as if it's confused about daylight savings time, which doesn't exist right now.

If requested to utilize system time, P3D should just use system time as is if it is already set to UTC. This problem is easily reproducible.
Martyson

Re: Incorrect UTC time.

Post by Martyson »

Hi othersirate ,

My WIN11 PC time shows my local time (USA eastern).

My P3D default flight is KDTW and the Option is Use System time.

Zulu / Local are ok when I start my default flight.

If I change to e.g., KSAN (new scenario) the time is ok there (I previously lived in the area).

Note: when changing airports you have the Option to use the current time or not.

Do you see the same for your default location?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

@othersirate, what on earth are you doing setting your time to UTC (GMT) when you’re eight hours behind it? I’ve seen some odd things over the years but this takes the biscuit.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K o/c to 5.8GHz, Nvidia RTX 4090 24Gb, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, Asus ROG STRIX HERO mobo, Crucial T700 4Tb SSD, Win 11 Pro, BenQ 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One Yoke
KevinKaessmann

Post by KevinKaessmann »

Your Windows knows about UTC ?
https://fishilico.github.io/generic-con ... clock.html
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001

And 1 hour may result from a hidden daylight saving time in Windows.