The Prepar3D v5.0 Hotfix (126.96.36.199874) is now available. It can be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
The Prepar3D v5.0 Hotfix contains fixes for high priority issues identified after launch.
A full install of all components is recommended for this update. To install the update you must first uninstall your current Prepar3D v5 install via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel. Each fix listed below is categorized per installer. Please note, you must first have Prepar3D v5 installed to utilize any of the standalone installers (Client, Content, and Scenery). The Prepar3D v5.0 update may require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection or have not made any major hardware changes between installations this should not be an issue. For more information please view the Prepar3D v5 Download and Installation Directions.
The newly posted Prepar3D v5.0 (188.8.131.52874) Full Download on the Purchased Downloads page includes Hotfix 1.
Please be aware that some third party developers might have to update their add-ons to be compatible with this hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions.
- Reduced VRAM usage by automatically reducing texture sizes on distant objects.
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) displays are now supported.
- Fixed crash that could occur on approach at low altitudes in some cases.
- Fixed driver hang caused by the ATC window in some cases.
- Fixed crash when closing camera preview window.
- Vehicle preview screen now shows interior model if no exterior model exists.
- Fixed issue causing detached avatar to crash if parent vehicle crashed.
- Fixed issue causing shadow errors in SimDirector when Enhanced Atmospherics was active.
- Multichannel host now serializes library effect mappings.
- IsOnGround now properly set when initializing mobile scenery objects in SimDirector.
- DLLStop is now called on all DLL plugins before being removed.
- Fixed issues causing VR views to be out of sync.
- Fixed issue preventing traffic from clearing in some cases.
- Fixed issue causing invalid reflections in right eye in VR.
- Enhanced Atmospherics is now supported in VR stereo and mono modes.
- Fixed issue preventing AI from taking off and landing at airports in some cases.
- Improved Enhanced Atmospherics cloud shadows.
- Fixed issue where adjusting time preview would cause AI to spawn.
- Fixed crash that would occur when playing a flight recording from command line.
- Fixed issue causing multiplayer session status to appear differently on client and host machines.
- Fixed issue causing a crash to occur before user was prompted that VRAM budget was exceeded.
- Fixed issue where reflections in right eye were one frame behind in VR single pass mode.
- Fixed issue preventing panel mouse interaction from working in VR in some cases.
- Reduced intensity of default landing light effect.
- Improved AI brake behavior on sloped surfaces.
- Additional improvements to ground contact reaction.
- Fixed long UI load times if large amounts of add-ons were installed.
- Fixed issue where GPS broadcast and sound in slew settings were not loaded correctly at startup.
- Fixed issue where flight plans would reapply if currently active when pressing OK in the options screen.
- Various Enhanced Atmospherics cloud appearance improvements.
- Fixed application hang that would occur if VR threw an error in single pass mode.
- Fixed issue causing vehicle select sort ordering to reverse in some cases.
- Fixed crash that would occur if a docked view was closed while being moved.
- Fixe issue where SimConnect_CreateEffect was not initializing PBH values.
- Added VR cursor settings.
- Fixed issue where terrain textures would draw on top of each other in some cases.
- Fixed issue where right rudder could detach from vertical stabilizer in F-35A.
- Updated TTA paint scheme.
- Fixed various effect colors.
- Fixed issue with incorrect sun visor transparency in the CUASE.
- Fixed bad scenario briefing formatting seen in some resolutions.
- Improved freeway lane textures.
- Fixed issue preventing AI push back from occurring.
- Fixed various water data issues.
- Updates to several airports and surrounding areas including KSAN, KPVD, KXNA, and KTRI.
- Fixed VMMC taxiway elevation issues.
- Fixed various bridge issues.
- Fixed issue with FX tool not loading certain values from effect files in some cases.
Client Fixes and Improvements
Content Fixes and Improvements
Scenery Fixes and Improvements
SDK Fixes and Improvements
Thanks again for your support!