The Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 2 (188.8.131.52160) is now available and can be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
The Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 2 contains additional resolutions for high priority issues identified after the Prepar3D v5.3 release.
Only the Client installer is required for the majority of fixes present in Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 2. The Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional. Each fix listed below is categorized per installer. Please note, you must first have Prepar3D v5 installed to utilize any of the standalone installers (Client, Content, and Scenery). The Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 2 update may require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection or have not made any major hardware changes between installations this should not be an issue. For more information please view the Prepar3D v5 Download and Installation Directions.
The newly posted Prepar3D v5.3 (184.108.40.206160) Full Download on the Purchased Downloads page includes Hotfix 2 as well as Hotfix 1.
If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. This will revert Prepar3D to its default settings but may also impact the installation of add-ons.
Please be aware that some third party developers may have to update their add-ons to be compatible with this hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions.
Client Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed issue causing intermittent stuttering and performance drops in some cases.
- Fixed issue causing atmospheric scattering to be misaligned from the sun position in some cases.
- Improved performance when processing vector shape data.
- Fixed issue causing stars to be dim when Enhanced Atmospherics is disabled.
- Improved HTML5 panel performance.
- Fixed bug where having mouse yoke active when entering full screen would keep mouse cursor confined to window’s previous size.
- Fixed crash when reloading a scenario after entering and exiting VR using HTML5 infogen.
- Added documentation for new affinity mask capabilities.
- Fixed issue preventing visual runway approaches from being available for all runways.
- Fixed issue where OpenDIS VariableDatum class did not support more than 128 bytes of data.
- Added acceleration to DIS Entity State PDU.
Content Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed issue preventing HIMARS textures from displaying correctly.
Scenery Fixes and Improvements
- Removed several unused textures.
- Fixed position of PAKT runway.
Thanks again for your support!